Sunday, March 29, 2009

Congratulations to Anise!

Anise completed her first half marathon this weekend! She did an awesome job and more importantly, completed the requirements to become the third Wiley Wonder (if you are not aware those are a) completion of a half marathon and b) the unanimous, subjective approval of all current Wiley Wonders). She was presented with a certificate and t-shirt noting her accomplishment. The other founding member of the Wiley Wonders was with us in spirit:


In 2005, Beth and I ran our first half marathon at Myrtle Beach and Anise and Josh (and Nixon...beside the point) were nice enough to come with us on the trip. Anise with running with us the day before the race for an easy 3 mile or so run and about 10 minutes in she told us we were crazy and who could ever do this for fun, etc. Well, according to her husband, it is now "like a drug" to her....and we are so proud of her!! Congratulations, you did great!!!!!!!!

Some more pictures of "Bolt" (her new Wiley Wonder nickname....I'm Flash, Beth is Speed....stupid, yes....but it keeps us entertained so who cares):



1 comment:

The Arnold Family said...

Wow, congrats. I would agree running is like a drug. I call it my Prozac :) However I do not like it enough to ever run more than a 5K. Great Job!