Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Completed Master Bath

We've been in this house for 3 years on June 9....and I just put final touches on the master bath....shameful. When we started it had dark striped wallpaper....next up: gold paint (I was going for caramel, failed miserably)....then: light blue (done by a painter)....today: kilim beige (done by the same painter the next day after we realized that it looked like a nursery and we had too much wall space for a light blue bathroom....was going for pottery barn, ended up with baby room...oh well) and light blue accents.

It never occured to me to take before pictures of our house before we started working on it, with the exception of the kitchen....so you'll just have to use your imagination on that. At some point I would love to lay tile and possibly put in a full (or at least larger) shower, possibly convert the tub, who knows. Right now it only has a small one in w/ the toilet. It's fine for me, but not so much for the husband. He has been using the upstairs guest bath and really likes it, but if we ever have little people he will be back downstairs with me...and then we may have to cross this bridge...but not right now.

We didn't do anything major....just new light fixtures, mirrors, paint and accents. One of the mirrors I already had and I just found the other at Lowe's over the weekend. Previously we had a wood one on one wall and brushed nickel on the other....now they match :)

We had to take the doors off the linen closets in both bathrooms as we have 2 fur babies and needed a place to put their litter boxes. In this house that was the best option. For 2 years I have not seen anything I wanted to hang there in place of a door, but found some curtains that I fell in love with at Lowe's over the weekend....so that is finally done.

I officially love it now :)










3 comments:

Jeanette said...

We have kilim beige in most of our house....love it! My folks, the pros, says it's a fantastic color in any house! Looks great! Love the iron accents.

Avery & Hailey said...

Love it! Looks fantastic!

Amy said...

Very nice! It looks great!