Thursday, September 3, 2009

Buddy the Coonhound

Well....we ended up keeping one of the coonhounds that walked up to our house. The other wondered off and we heard she ended up in the care of some other lady...fine with us, we are sharing the animal do-gooder love. Anyway, basically we had to keep him...the shelters are full, you can't give a dog away in this economy and also, we are suckers for this face:




Also, he was a very good nap partner after an insanely busy summer:


We are getting the yard fenced in so he can run and play. Err, I mean to increase the value of our home. Yes, yes, that's what I meant. Also, I have discovered the dog park and LOVE it (Buddy thinks it is not to bad either...though he spends as much time running up to the people to get petted as he does playing with the other dogs). Note to Ginger -you need to come with me some time, you will be in heaven...there are all kinds of different dogs and it is hilarious to watch them interact together. They all have their own little personalities. Poor Buddy did not really know how to play when we first took him, but he is learning from the others and actually tryed to engage a Great Dane puppy the last time we were there :)

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

Love that face! My boss is already picking out rescue dogs for Jason and me to adopt now that she knows he wants one! petfinder.com is a wonderful/terrible website. I want to take all of them home!

Ginger said...

YAY. I am so happy you have "officially" adopted Buddy! I can't wait to meet him, and I would LOVE to come to the dog park with you!